Your bar stools are much more than just a place for your customers to sit. They’re essentially an important component of your bar’s overall decor, and help to provide a specific look and feel to the space.
Of course, you not only want your bar stools to be visually attractive; you also want them to be comfortable, easy to maintain, and built to last. Whether you’re opening a new bar or revamping the interior of your current place, bar stools are an important investment.
Different Style Bar Stools
There are various styles of bar stools available for you to choose from, depending on the overall look that you are trying to achieve:
- Bucket seats – These will allow to get comfortable and hopefully encourage them to stick around longer for a few more beverages!
- High backs – Customers will appreciate the ability to kick back and relax against the high backs of these bar stools.
- Backless – Taking up less space to add a level of social flow that’s important in a bar setting.
Ideally, you should keep the customer’s comfort levels into consideration when selecting the right bar stools. Choose a design that matches the overall style of your bar and is comfortable. Whether you choose bar stools with or without armrests, cushioned or not, there are many other details to refine to fully customize the perfect stool for your bar.
Consider Durability of Your Bar Stools
While style and comfort are important, so is durability. The right finish will give your bar stools the ability to retain their original look and luster, and will last over the long haul. The fabric material used on the seating can also play a key role in how durable the bar stools will be. Popular material choices include microfiber, leather, vinyl, and polyester, which are easy to clean and maintain.
As far as the durability of the construction material is concerned, wood and metal stools are the most popular. Wood bar stools come in various stain options, including natural, mahogany, walnut, and oak, and can complement just about any colour and style. Metal barstools are typically made from chrome, powder coated steel, or aluminum, and provide practical and stylish options.
What About Your Outdoor Bar Space?
If your bar offers the added option of outdoors, you’ll certainly want to equip the space with bar stools that will be able to withstand weather conditions to avoid being ruined. Luckily, there plenty of types of bar stools designed specifically for the outdoors:
- Aluminum bar stools – This material is lightweight and creates a modern, urban feel.
- Wrought iron and steel stools – These provide the ideal look for a sophisticated outdoor bar area, and they’re strong and durable to last a long time.
- Resin plastic stools – These all-weather bar stools offer the convenience without too much maintenance.
- Synthetic wicker stools – These outdoor bar stools provide an elegant look to your outdoor bar space while being able to resist the elements.
- Treated wood stools – Wood is the traditional material for bar stools, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take that look outside thanks to treated wood options.
Visit our online showroom to choose the perfect bar stool for your establishment!